Friday, November 4, 2011

Another Doktor Visit

Mommy says she is sorry that we have not been keeping everyone updated. She said no news is good news. It is just that our lives are so routine, mommy hasnt had anything exciting to put into blog world.

But this week we had a bit of unwanted excitement. My innerds have not felt too well, and I havent really wanted to eat the foodies. Mommy was starting to worry that maybe the daily treats I get for my rthrytis were making me feel bad. Then when mommy went to clean my messies, she found some red stuff. So she made me lay down and looked at my belly. There was a big red ugly spot on my lower tummy, and red stuff was coming out. Mommy tried to clean it up, but it wouldnt stop.

So she called the doktor and they said we could come right in. Daddy came home and I got excited that we were going for a ride, and oops, another accident. We went to the doktor and while he was looking at the red spot, I had another accident, right there in front of him. I was so embarrassed. The doktor petted me and said it was ok. But daddy had to run from the room. Mommy said he was a "winp". I dont know what that is, and that is probably good.

The doktor took me to another room and the nice people cleaned me up, so I smelled pretty, then poked me with sharp things. Then they brought me back to mommy and told her to give me even more treats. Yippee! they said it would make me feel better. Then we went home. Mommy said her bag was lighter. I saw the plastic square card come out and daddy sighed and told me I was an expensive princess.

I layed down all the way home, then went right to sleep for the rest of the night. All that excitement wore me out.

This weekend daddy went away with a bunch of other men, to some place up high. Mommy said it will be a "princess" weekend. I cant wait to cuddle, just mommy and me. She isnt afraid of my messes.

note from mommy: The vet thinks she had an absess or blister of some sort, that may have gotten infected. It was swollen and HUGE, like the size of my hand! He said her white blood cell count was ok in th rest of her body, so he is treating it with antibiotics and another medication to help her gasteric system. He said if it hadnt gone away in 10 days, then she would have to go back in and possibly have it removed as it may be a tumor. Within a day, she was her old self, the swelling was gone and she is eating again. We are praying that all is well now. The vet called 2 days later to see how she was doing (which impressed me to no end- AGAIN!) and said the other blood work they did for her liver functions (due to the deramax we give her) was all ok, and barring any other incidents, she doesnt have to come back for another year for liver tests. YAH!!! Looking forward to celelbrating with her alone this weekend. Bath for her, cuddles for both of us!


Jasmine said...

I'm so sorry you had such a yucky owie, but I'm glad you're doing better. And YAY for more treats and a nice vet docotor. Enjoy your princess weekend!

Puppy Love,

Mango said...

Oh princess, that was a close call, but your good vet got you all happy again. I know it is troubling when you make an accident but the humans don't mind. They love you anyway and just want you to feel better.


brooke said...

Poor Sasha! How scary for your parents, but glad to hear you are doing better!

Jed and Abby in MerryLand said...

Oh, Sasha, we're so sorry you had a bad owie and we're most happy it was so easily fixed. We're glad you're feeling better and we hope you had a fantastic snuggle weekend with your mom. Sometimes older doggies, just like older people, start having elimination control problems. It's normal and your pawrents will keep on loving you no matter what, so don't worry about it. They know you're doing the best you can.

Jed & Abby