Friday, April 30, 2010

BATHING BEAUTY!

The water stopped falling from the sky and lots of wind is blowing. It brings lots of smells to my territory, so I had to go out and sniff them all, and enjoy the warm dirt! Note from mommy: Oh, when I saw this my heart strings were tugged. I know this is my heart speaking, and not my head. When Max was sick, he would go into this corner and lay in the sun, just like Sasha is doing in the picture. There is still an indentation in the dirt where he laid (the arrow is pointing to it). This morning, Sasha just got up and went out the open door on her own (very rare if we are not in the yard ourselves). When I went looking for her, she was sniffing in this spot, then pawed it a bit, then settled down. At first, I thought she was actually laying in the Max's spot, but when I went to take a picture, I noticed she was next to it. My heart has healed, but there is still a HUGE soft spot there, and a tear or two escaped. Man, I miss that guy! I guess Sasha does too!
BARK! Sasha the Princess

Have a good day- Sasha and Max's MOMMY!

4 comments:

MainecoonMa said...

SEE! They say animals have hardly the memory as humans, but just tell that to their owners :) She kinda looks lonely there, as if you could just picture Max by her side. MAYBE I WILL SEE YOU WHEN I'M IN CALF NEXT MONTH SASHA...

Love Aunt Shelly

Unknown said...

Aw....my heart strings are tugged too!! That is a lovely moment - and you could almost see Max there, by Sasha's side, in that last photo...

Hsin-Yi

Amber and Nala said...

Oh, this brings a tear to my eye too....so often we wonder what goes through our dogs minds and sometimes we are lucky enough to see it. I am sure Sasha was remembering her most precious brother and friend. :)


Lots of love,
Amber & Nala

Dexter said...

Oh that is so sad. But comforting too because you can feel Max there with you I bet.

Slobbers,
Mango